Helping our customers make informed decisions
With the weather beginning to change for the better and the evenings getting lighter, it’s time to start looking forward to the Spring and Summer. We’re awaiting the sunshine with eager anticipation here at Universal Textiles and have already begun assembling our Spring/Summer 2014 collections. Below is just a taster of what you can find in the upcoming months, with new products being added almost every day.
Firstly we have this Mens Roll Up Block and Stripe Shirt. Ideal for the summer, the horizontal stripe of the body is contrasted with the block upper. Perfect for a BBQ or evening out, the shirt can be worn as either a three quarter or long sleeve garment.
Next we have this Nike Golf Victory Striped Polo Shirt. One of many high quality products from leading brands, this Polo has a solid knit collar and thin stripe design. With the famous Nike tick stitched on the sleeve the shirt is available in four colours. Made with Nike’s famous Dri Fit technology, this shirt will keep you cool and comfortable on the warmest of days.
As ever this summer, we will have an extensive range of Skirts and Dresses for Women and Girls. One particularly versatile garment is the Ladies Creeping Flower Print 3 in 1 Dress. In two colours, this floral design garment can be worn as skirt, strapless and halter neck dress. This high quality item is made of 100% cotton.
We also stock a wide range of affordable summer staples. One such item is the Mantis Ladies Loose Fit T-Shirt. Comfortable and stylish, this single jersey item has a relaxed fit. Ideal for lazy summer days in the park, the T-Shirt has a scooped hem and seamless shoulders.
From Aqua Sphere we have a large selection of new swimwear for this season. As well as the new AquaLight range, as discussed in this previous blog, Aqua Sphere is also launching the Brazil 2014 collection, which features these Boys Rodrigo Aquashorts. Adorned with the colours of the national flag, these shorts are quick drying and chlorine resistant. Made from the high quality materials one expects from Aqua Sphere, these snug fit shorts offer high UVA and UVB protection which is ideal for the summer.
Keep an eye out for the full range coming soon at Universal Textiles.
Sweaty feet can be bothersome and embarrassing because of the wetness and the odour cause. The good news is you don’t have to suffer from smelly feet. Wearing the right kind of socks can prevent sweat and odour while ensuring long-lasting comfort. Socks that are made of cotton are the best for sweaty feet.
Cotton socks breathe, so they effectively prevent sweat from building up as they are absorbed. The material dries fast, preventing bacteria build-up that often causes bad odour. Wet, sweaty feet invite a lot of bacteria to thrive and spread. Aside from causing the bad smell, the bacteria can cause fungus and feet infections, too.
When shopping for socks, avoid those that are made with polyester and nylon because they are made of synthetic fibres that can worsen your embarrassing condition. The best socks for sweaty feet are those that are made from natural fibres like cotton. It doesn’t matter what colour your socks are—as long as they are made of cotton, they can minimise the problems caused by sweaty feet.
Cotton socks are cooler because they breathe, making them perfect for summer or when the temperatures are high. They are machine washable, too, making them easy to clean. Cotton is a soft material and they hardly cause irritation or allergic reactions, so they are safe.
Some individuals tend to sweat heavily, so even the most high-quality or designer cotton socks may not provide the protection they need to prevent stinky feet and bacteria. In this case, sprinkle foot powder with deodoriser on your feet before putting on socks. That should help reduce the sweating and prevent stench. Avoid wearing the same socks twice without washing. If your feet and really sweaty, consider changing your socks a few times a day to keep your feet dry.
You don’t want numb fingers and frozen palms when you are out skiing. To enjoy your ski trip to the fullest, invest in a good pair of ski gloves that will keep your hands warm and agile for those swift swerves and sharp turns. Here are some helpful tips when choosing high quality, durable ski gloves:
1. Go for waterproof varieties. The best ski gloves are totally waterproof, but are made out of breathable fabrics that allow sweat from your hands to escape. When buying ski gloves, go for ones that are waterproof but won’t trap sweat inside, making your hands uncomfortable, and affecting your grip. Some gloves are simply water-resistant, and while they can keep water out for a certain amount of time, they are no good when you plan on soaking in the snow the whole day.
2. Feel the warmth. While gloves offer less insulation than mitts, they still offer warmth by trapping your own body heat inside. Some varieties even have removable layers so you can adjust warmth according to the environment.
3. Choose a good material. The material used both inside and outside the glove is also an important consideration. Ski gloves should have enough insulation inside and a good grip outside, and while you want hand gear that offers warmth, you don’t want a glove that is so thickly padded that you can’t move your fingers freely for control.
4. Check the closure system. You also want a glove with an efficient closure system that won’t easily come off even when you are going very fast on your skis.
Whatever type or style of winter accessories or clothing you may want, Universal Textiles offers you a wide variety of clothes, ranging from thermal underwear to winter style clothes, footwear, and even fashionable designer clothing for men, women, and children, all available at affordable price points.
It’s not hard to shop for winter gear, especially when you know what you are looking for. When shopping for children’s gloves, there are many options that you can choose from, whether you are shopping for quality, durability, style, comfort, or a combination of all these criteria. Children have active lifestyles, especially during winter days when they have to constantly be in motion to keep the cold out. Children’s gloves come in a wide variety of styles, designs, and fabrics to serve different purposes and functions, from protecting their hands from cold puddles of melted snow to keeping them warm while playing outside.
Fleece and cotton mitts are great choices for infants. Not only will this hand wear keep their little hands warm—they can also protect their face and body from accidental scratches. Stretch fabric winter gloves made from a blend of acrylic and spandex are also great choices for small children when temperatures are not freezing. They are breathable yet they provide enough heat so your kid’s hands stay warm. Stretch fabric gloves are the most versatile when it comes to style and design, as they can be printed with fun drawings and patterns. However, if you want the best insulation, go for fleece gloves with thermal linings and several layers of heat trapping materials. This way, your kid can stay warm even during the harshest of winter weather. Fleece gloves are extremely comfortable and they come with adjustable straps to fit all sizes. Some even have palm grips and flexible designs so as not to restrict movement. You might also want to consider ski gloves if you plan to go on active outdoor adventures.
Universal Textiles carries a wide range of winter gear and stylish thermal clothing for the entire family. We support over 316 different brands, giving you access to the best quality clothing that are fashionable, stylish, and durable at the most affordable prices.
Thermal underwear is a protective type of clothing that insulates your body by helping you preserve body heat. Thermal underwear is not just worn by outdoor and winter sports enthusiasts; it can also be used by those who simply want to keep extra warm during the winter, making them wardrobe must-haves. There are certain factors to consider when buying thermal underwear for winter:
• Check the thickness and weight of the underwear. Buy the right thermal underwear according to the activity or conditions that you’re going to use them for. Thicker underwear is recommended if you’re not going to be moving a lot, such as when you’re indoors or just going out for errands.
• Check the material and look for “wicking,” which means moisture spreads out and dries quickly, preventing you from getting cold. Look for materials that make the underwear easier to wash and dry, such as a combination of nylon, wool, and spandex.
• Check for odour-control properties. Avoid polypropylene, which tends to retain sweat and moisture, causing a bad smell.
• Thermal underwear must fit snugly and comfortably. Choose underwear with stretching seams so you won’t feel like it’s restricting your movement.
• Go for thermal underwear with ankle seams and neat cuffs so that they don’t ride up when worn, and a soft, neat, and comfortable neckline that can prevent moisture and stop drafts.
• Consider buying thermal underwear with long torsos to protect areas of your body where your bladder and kidney are located.
Some types of thermal underwear might be a bit pricey, but it’s better to invest on high-quality thermal underwear that is resilient and can be worn several times. Good thermal wear saves you money in the long run and ensures that you stay warm all throughout winter.