Helping our customers make informed decisions
Top Tips For Keeping Cool This Summer
Heat can be unbearable in the summer, but whilst you may find it hard to stop sweating altogether (sweating is your body’s way of cooling itself down!) there are ways to keep cool and prevent sweat accumulation, which can cause itchiness, skin disorders, bacteria build up, and body odour. Here are some excellent ways to keep cool this summer:
- Choose to exercise when it’s cooler, like early in the morning or late at night.
- Have a spray bottle with water in the fridge and spray it on your face after spending time outdoors.
- Wear loose-fitting clothes that are made of 100% cotton. Restrictive clothing can be uncomfortable in the summer.
- Choose to wear summer dresses. Avoid wearing clothes that are made of thicker fabrics, as well as synthetic fabrics that do not breathe.
- Choose to wear light coloured clothing, such as white. Darker colours tend to absorb more heat than lighter ones.
- Wear cotton socks with breathable shoes or sneakers.
- Consider using foot powder before putting your socks on to prevent bacterial growth that will cause foot odour and fungus, which can grow when you keep wearing sweaty socks.
- Avoid beverages that may cause dehydration, such as alcohol and caffeine. Consume plenty of water and sports drinks or beverages that can provide your body with electrolytes, which you lose when you sweat a lot.
- If your home is not air conditioned, make arrangements to spend a few hours in a shopping centre, movie theatre, or public library, where you can take advantage of the air conditioning.
- Wear a summer hat. Choose one that is made of materials that let air in, such as straw. A visor hat can also work as it keeps the top of your head exposed to prevent sweat from accumulating.