Helping our customers make informed decisions
Universal Textiles are offering one lucky person the chance to win a beach bundle when making a purchase via the Universal Textiles website. One winner will be randomly chosen from those who have made a purchase between 1/7/2017 and 15/7/2016.
The following criteria must be met in order to enter the competition:
1. Purchases must have been made via the Universal Textiles website between 1/7/2017 and 15/7/2016.
2. One person will be randomly drawn (on 18/7/2016) from the eligible entries in the specified period with the winner notified by email/phone. If the winner cannot be contacted after reasonable efforts to do so, Universal Textiles reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random.
3. The winner agrees to the use of their name and image in any publicity material.
4. Universal textiles reserves the right to cancel or amend this competition, including its terms and conditions, at any time without notice.
Tags: 2016, Beach, beach bundle, clothing, clothing competition, clothing giveaway, compers, competition, comping, entrant, fashion, free, giveaway, holiday, mens fashion, mens style, prize, style, summer, summer competition, summer giveaway, summer holiday, summer prize, win, winner, womens fashion, womens style
Whether it’s the extended school holiday or sunny trips out with family and friends, kids have a lot to be excited about when it comes to summer. To make sure that they’re ready to get out and about and make the most of the warmer weather, we’ve gathered together our top picks for sun-friendly children’s clothing and accessories, covering everything from headwear to footwear.
Although the summer sunshine offers many positive benefits, prolonged exposure can also lead to sunburn and whole host of more serious ailments, particularly when children’s sensitive skin is concerned. Suncream goes a long way to battling harmful UV rays, but a peaked cap such as this Just Cool Children’s Baseball Cap can help to add further protection, and this Beechfield Legionnaire Hat goes the extra mile to shield kid’s necks too.
Lightweight clothing is a must for the summertime, and that’s certainly no exception for kids. Made from 100% cotton and available in a choice of six vibrant colours, this Contrast Piped Short Sleeve T-Shirt is the perfect choice for boys, and this Floral Pattern Summer Dress is a cute summer-friendly option for girls looking to keep cool and have fun in the sun.
Whether it’s the beach or the pool, at home or abroad, summer is the perfect time for kids and adults alike to take to the water. Boasting a netted inner lining and a trendy Hawaiian design, these Boys Palm Tree Board Shorts are a great option for trips to the coast, and with its stretchy build and high UV protection, this Aqua Sphere Cabana Swimsuit will ensure that girls are ready for the beach when term time draws to a close.
Beach towels are another important consideration for parents taking kids to the coast, and these Children’s Microfibre Towel Ponchos put a spin on the traditional summer staple, turning them into wearable garment. With a host of different styles for girls and boys including pirates, starfish, strawberries and sun glasses, they’re as as fun as they are as effective, and can also work to keep kids warm if the weather takes a turn for the worst.
Effective summer footwear needs to offer proper ventilation without compromising on comfort. Sandals and flip-flops are the go-to choice for many a parent, but with a built-in light-up toe, these Boys Skechers Street Lightz Sandals offer something a little different, and will ensure that kids are the envy of their friends. For girls, these Floso Flower Trim Flip Flops are great for easy on-off access, and even boast synthetic flower detailing on the toe strap, perfect for the ultimate girly girl.
Be sure to check out our full range of children’s clothing at Universal-Textiles.com!
Tags: accessories, bargains, blog, boys clothing, childrens clothing, clothing, deals, flip flops, FLOSO, footwear, girls clothing, hats, kids clothing, sandals, summer, summer 2014, sun, sunshine, swim shorts, swimming, swimshorts, textiles, waather
Heat can be unbearable in the summer, but whilst you may find it hard to stop sweating altogether (sweating is your body’s way of cooling itself down!) there are ways to keep cool and prevent sweat accumulation, which can cause itchiness, skin disorders, bacteria build up, and body odour. Here are some excellent ways to keep cool this summer:
- Choose to exercise when it’s cooler, like early in the morning or late at night.
- Have a spray bottle with water in the fridge and spray it on your face after spending time outdoors.
- Wear loose-fitting clothes that are made of 100% cotton. Restrictive clothing can be uncomfortable in the summer.
- Choose to wear summer dresses. Avoid wearing clothes that are made of thicker fabrics, as well as synthetic fabrics that do not breathe.
- Choose to wear light coloured clothing, such as white. Darker colours tend to absorb more heat than lighter ones.
- Wear cotton socks with breathable shoes or sneakers.
- Consider using foot powder before putting your socks on to prevent bacterial growth that will cause foot odour and fungus, which can grow when you keep wearing sweaty socks.
- Avoid beverages that may cause dehydration, such as alcohol and caffeine. Consume plenty of water and sports drinks or beverages that can provide your body with electrolytes, which you lose when you sweat a lot.
- If your home is not air conditioned, make arrangements to spend a few hours in a shopping centre, movie theatre, or public library, where you can take advantage of the air conditioning.
- Wear a summer hat. Choose one that is made of materials that let air in, such as straw. A visor hat can also work as it keeps the top of your head exposed to prevent sweat from accumulating.
A quality summer hat can be both practical and stylish, providing protection from the sun whilst also serving as a great accessory to many an outfit. Yet with so many styles and designs to choose from it can be difficult to know which one to buy. Here we take a look at a few that are proving popular this summer.
Firstly we have this Vintage Snapback Cap. Defined by its flat peak and snap fasteners, the Snapback is a retro design which acts as a wardrobe staple for many. The plain white panelling on the front of the cap allows it to be easily customised with print and embroidery. Available in a variety of colours, this Beechfield cap is on sale at the incredible price of just £2.70.
An arguably even more classic design is that of the Baseball Cap. Suited to many styles, it is worn as much for casual wear as sporting activity for example. One particularly iconic cap is the New York Yankees Baseball Cap. Whilst seen in many forms, we offer the classic Yankees design, fitted with a velcro strap and made from 100% cotton to provide extra comfort.
If a cap is not for you, however, there are a multitude of other styles to choose from. The Fedora is particularly stylish hat, which has enjoyed something of a renaissance in recent years. This Fedora Hat is styled in the traditional way, being creased lengthwise down the crown and pinched in the front on both sides. Available in both black and white, the white hat with a black trim would be particularly suited to this time of year. Worn with a jacket or fitted shirt, this would be a great hat for summer garden parties.
For those who enjoy filling their summer days in the garden or walking, the Cargo Hat with UPF50 Protection provides a practical and affordable option. It is made with a towelling sweat band with mesh lining for extra comfort and fitted with an elasticated drawcord to easily adjust size. It also offers UPF50 protection against sunlight, an essential considering the current climate!
Lastly, an ideal hat if you’re working in the sun all day. This Folding Legionnaire Hat is made from 100% plush cotton. With a three section fold-up peak and two eyelets on either side, this comfortable hat will keep you protected from the sun.